ALAMEDA COUNTY (BCN) – A fire at an assisted living facility in San Lorenzo displaced eight people early Sunday morning, fire officials said.
Firefighters responded at 3:02 a.m. to the blaze in Block 200 of Lewelling Boulevard, according to the Alameda County Fire Department.
A neighbor intervened before the teams arrived and contained the fire in one room.
“The neighbor played an important role in the outcome of the fire and was of great service,” said Director of Public Affairs Jo Leal.
Crews were able to extinguish the fire completely and provide medical assistance for minor injuries to two people. A patient was taken to a nearby hospital.
Space has been made available at a nearby facility for all displaced persons.
The fire is currently under investigation.