An unidentified older man was taken to the hospital in critical condition, the Orange County Fire Authority reported Tuesday.
SAN JUAN CAPISTRANO, CA — A fire that broke out and damaged a mobile home in San Juan Capistrano left one man critically injured, the Orange County Fire Authority reported Tuesday afternoon.
The unidentified man was severely burned, according to news reports. The condition of the injured person was not known as of this report.
He was treated at the scene by OCFA firefighters as they worked to battle the flames.
Medics arrived and took the burn patient to a nearby hospital. According to OCFA Capt. Greg Barta, the victim was a man who lives in the mobile home complex for older people.
The fire was deemed accidental by OCFA around 1:10 p.m. Authorities said the likely cause of the fire was a candle left unattended in the bedroom of the mobile home. The fire was contained thanks to the efforts of OCFA firefighters and fortunately did not spread to surrounding houses, Barta said.
The fire broke out just before 10:45 a.m., Barta reported on Twitter. The fire occurred in the 26,000 block of Avenida Aeropuerto.