Neighbors in Watsonville, California allegedly warned their families after the house burned on Sunday night. According to firefighters, homeowners left active fireworks in the trash can, which spread to the back of the house.
Neighbor Freddie Torres tells KION that he helped warn the authorities after noticing a fire in his house on Crestview Drive. Torres says he and his other neighbors helped extinguish the flames in a bucket of water until the firefighters arrived.
“They didn’t have a clue that the house was on fire. It would have been a very different situation if the fire department hadn’t arrived there soon and helped the neighbors put out the fire,” Torres said. It was.
The fire was extinguished by 4 am and fortunately no one was injured. Three and two cats have been evacuated and are receiving help from the shelter. If you plan to use fireworks, the best way to dispose of them is to put them in a bucket of water.